Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Maelie Turns 3

I know that every mother says this, but I truly cannot believe it has been three years since Maelie came into the world and changed my life. Some of it has been harder than I thought, some has been so much better than I could have ever imagined, it has all been funnier and more fun than I thought it would be, and all of being her Mommy is something I would never give up for anything.

Her birthday - so sweet! She and that binky have been friends from day one.


Her first birthday - spontaneously moved to RHCC due to the weather, but we still had fun.
I remember thinking 1 wasn't so bad, she still felt like a baby to me.

Her second birthday - Mickey at the park!
I honestly didn't have the chance to get to sentimental at this one because she was such a stinker that day. (that's also why this is the best picture I got!)


This year's 3rd birthday girl!

We had such a great day at the zoo with "everyone we love!"

The rest of the weekend, anywhere we went she asked if "everyone we love is going to be there?"

This is just a shameliess plug because Aunt Kasey and I made the hippo cake and we were very proud of it :)

A Few Things she does at Three:

(Really, I almost feel like what doesn't she do?!)
She's been potty trained since September

She can "read" (recite from memory) entire 5 or 6 page Bible stories from her children's Bible

She's known all of her letters and their sounds for a long time now, but lately she asks me to spell things a lot.

She can spell her name

She has three Bible verses memorized - John 3:16, Jeremiah 29:11, Ephesians 6:1 and we're working on Psalm 23:6

She can remember anything - long songs, small details - it's amazing!

She can dress herself with very little assistance

She just started playing games and she loves them - Candy Land was her first and we play it almost every night before bedtime.

She is the BEST big sister! Every morning when she wakes up she asks where Lorelai is, then goes to her and kisses her and talks to her in this sweet little "baby voice" that cracks me up. She has been so gentle (mostly) and sweet with her. When she cries she runs to tell me "sister's fussin'!" and loves to sing ger songs. She has done better than I ever expected - it is such an answer to so many prayers!

She weighs 31 lbs and is 38 inches tall

There are so many more things she does that I am so proud of and amazed at! I can't wait to see what the next year brings!

She likes:

anything princess

she's very into "girl things" if it's a "boy thing" she won't touch it, wear it, etc.

coloring and "snipping" with her scissors

baths

almost any food, but especially pizza, burritos, blueberries, cheese

her favorite places to eat are Jason's Deli, Pei Wei and "poach-lei" (chipotle)

singing - she sings all the time!

reading

Imagination Movers - favorite TV show

Tinker Bell and Robin Hood - favorite movies

Grammy's - favorite place to go

She doesn't like:

Not getting her way

waiting, especially waiting to say something

heights

loud noises (still)

having that crazy hair brushed

2 comments:

auntkasey said...

she is the cutest stinkin' thing! she has never in her three years of life ceased to amaze me. we love you so much maeface!

RanAshKenCoop said...

I love her birthday outfit at the zoo! So cute! And great job on the cake - it looks awesome!
We love that sweet Maelie! Thanks for the update on all she's doing. We're so impressed! You guys are doing such a good job teaching her God's Word and I can't wait to hear her say those memory verses!