Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Our Family Just Grew!

Well, it finally happened - I'm down to one husband. For a long time people called Kyle's brother, Matthew, my "other husband" because the three of us were together so much. Especially in the early years of our marriage, we spent most of our free time with Matthew. As much as I love him, I always wished for a girl partner-in-crime to help me stop getting outvoted on pizza, Al's hamburger trips, lame guys movies, etc. and keep me company as I sat squished up in the back seat of our Mustang. The minute I met Melisa, my new sister-in-law as of this weekend, I knew that she was it. I have always said that whoever Matthew married would be my best friend no matter if I liked her or not. Because I loved Matthew so much and loved the relationship that he and my husband have, I was bound and determined that I would MAKE myself love whoever he married. Again, the minute I met Melisa I knew that this would be no forced friendship. She is such a sweet compliment to him and to our family, even to the circle of friends that we share. I'm so excited to have a sister and friend for life that I truly love!! The first time I sat shoulder to shoulder with her, squished in the backseat of the Camry, I got warm fuzzies - makes me not even mind being down to only one husband :)

Here are some pictures of her and what is undoubtedly the cutest flower girl I've seen:

Getting ready with Aunt Melisa













Who has the handsomest Daddy in the world?
Maelie!












Getting ready to walk down the aisle.













Who's happier? Uncle Matthew to have a wife, or Mommy to have a new sister? Hmmm, it may be a toss up....

Aren't they cute?!






2 comments:

Valerie said...

Maelie you have to be the cutest flower girl ever! You are very lucky to have gained another Aunt. Let her spoil you rotten, that's what Aunt's love to do!

auntkasey said...

Woowoo Matthew! I'm so excited for all of the McKillips!
And hello- maelie would be the cutest anything... put her in a cow suit, she's the cutest cow. put her in a garbage can, she's the cutest trash. put her in a tutu, she's the cutest ballerina. She's just stinkin' cute!
And Melisa, be very careful. Maelie is very easy (and fun)to spoil! You too could soon be shelling out $12 for blue jelly beans just because she would like them... just ask Uncle Rob!