Thursday, December 04, 2008

Note to Self...

...never try to have a conversation with your two year old about the less priveledged at 11 o'clock in the morning. We were at WalMart the other day grocery shopping. As we checked out I told Maelie we were taking Grammy lunch and talked a little bit about what we might eat. As we headed out, I gave Maelie her dollar to put in the bucket and tried to have a real life-changing, eye-opening conversation with her about how we give our money to the man with the bell because some people don't have any food. "Like us?" she said. "I'm really hungry - I think I want chicken minis." After some careful explaining (we have food in our cart, and food at our house, and Daddy works hard to make money so we could even buy food at the supper store if we wanted to, etc.) I'm still not sure she exactly got it, but she did tell me she thought that giving other people food would make Jesus happy, so maybe she got enough of it...

3 comments:

auntkasey said...

Hahahahaha! She is so funny. Maelie, what a nice friend to share with other people who really, really need it. That makes Jesus very happy!
We love you and will see you soon.

Unknown said...

This girl is priceless! I can totally see her in a few years as she explains everything we need to know to us! Hugs to my girl!

RanAshKenCoop said...

I may use this in a message in 3 weeks. Is that okay?