Monday, December 15, 2008

5 Reasons My Husband ROCKS!

I haven't mentioned him in awhile, and while I know this is primarily Maelie's (and soon to be she-who-cannot-be-named's) blog, I feel like I need to give a little shout out to the man behind it all every now and then :)

1) He works his fanny off for us. Lately, I have been reminded several times what a charmed life I lead, and I know that a lot of this is possible because of how hard he works. And, while he does love to kid around about my "20% of the income" he makes me feel like what I contribute financially and otherwise is important and never makes me feel guilty about my time at home (even on the days when we do NOTHING except maybe have lunch with someone :)

2) He is such a great Daddy to Maelie. She is a fickle little thing and somedays she loves Daddy and somedays she is not that into him, but he is patient and never gives up even though I know sometimes it hurts his feelings. I think that is really paying off lately, because I have been told a few times to "come back later, I'm playin' with Dada." I can't wait to see to see him in action with a new one!

3) He loves God and is such a strong leader for our family. My favorite time of day is our family bible time each night, which we end with Daddy praying over us. It is so sweet to hear him pour his precious heart out to our God and know that Maelie is getting such an amazing example of a godly man in her life. He does a pretty good job of walking the walk all day long, but those night time prayers with him are my favorite.

4) He is such a good friend. You can tell by all the good friends that he surrounds himself with what kind of friend he is. One of our friends, Blake, is in from out of town - he is such a great guy, I even suggested naming Maelie Blake before we found her name. It has just made me look around and be thankful for the godly men that Kyle surrounds himself with, real true guys who have a great time, but all love teh Lord and aren't afraid to be the kind of true friend that keeps you accountable. He is always the first to lend a hand or an ear to his buddies, and I'm thankful to be counted in the group :)

5) He's getting me a MAID!!! Hello, I could have only listed this one I'm so stinking excited about it. It's hard for even me to remember sometimes that I'm not really a stay at home mom - I have an amazing job that lets me work some flexible hours, but I still have a full time job. Every now and then I look around our house and get pretty discouraged because of course that's the first thing that goes if something's going to go :) however, he decided that with a new little person joining our family and a whole new set of responsibilities on my plate this would be a great idea. I can't wait to have that burden taken from my shoulders. Plus, it makes me feel very loved, appreciated, and taken care of. Thanks, honey!

2 comments:

auntkasey said...

Kyle I have a lot on my plate too, can I get a maid?!
That is such a sweet gesture. One less thing is always nice

Jennifer said...

A MAID?! Strong.

And I still vote for Margaret and nick-naming her Maggie. Doesn't get much cuter than that... :)