Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Elizabeth for President!

Today my conscience got the best of me and I decided to go ahead and brave the lines and vote. I thought maybe if we got there early enough we could beat the lines. Maelie got dressed really quickly and easily when I told her we were going to vote (and that she could have a piece of candy while we waited). She talked about it a lot on our way to the voting site, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to explain our great democratic process to her, two year old style. I finished up and was patting my own back a little bit at the great expaining job I had done when she asked "Am I boting?" I told her that yes, she was helping Mommy vote, but who would she like to vote for. She looked up and smacked her lips and said "Um , I bote for....Elizabeth!"

I think it's a great idea! She's sweet, she's a good friend, she loves God, and I know all of her secrets and they're not that bad. I wonder if it would confuse anyone if I wrote her in...

3 comments:

RanAshKenCoop said...

So cute! I love how much she loves her Elizabeth!
Hey, I tried to call you today but got the message that your phone is out of service. Call me when you get a chance (Val don't read this!). My number is (979) 665-6849.

auntkasey said...

I bote Elizabeth too! Good choice Maeface.
And look at you with a conscience!

auntkasey said...

Please tell Elizabeth we said tough loss on the campaign, and hope to see her again in 2012. And tell her mom and dad congrats on the news!