Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Two many ways to count...

Dear Lorelai,

Tonight is your last night of being one. I cannot believe how much you have learned and grown this year. You've gone from saying a few single words here and there to speaking in complete sentences most of the time, using big words like delicious and beautiful. It is precious to me how many of your words are pretty, happy, encouraging words like those. I think that says a lot about who you are and about your sweet personality. You are such a happy, laid back, funny girl and the joy you have brought to our lives in two short years is immeasurable. Being your Mommy is one of the greatest joys of my life. It has opened my eyes to new things in the Lord. I can hardly grasp that my delight in you is just a shadow of the delight He finds in you and in His children. I look at you sometimes with a heart so full of joy and stop and try to imagine Him looking down on you, smiling even bigger than I am, laughing even deeper, loving even more. It makes me love Him and you even more and puts a fire in me to do everything I can to lead you to Him so that you can feel it, too. I can already see so many of the gifts He has given you blossoming and I know that He will use your innocent eyes and joyful heart to do great things in His kingdom. One of my favorite things about you is how observant you are. Once we were driving up a hill at dusk and you said, "Ooo, happy! A moon." I looked and saw the moon hanging there, looking very pretty and thought about how I probably wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out. You do that often - see the beauty in the world around us and point it out to me. My prayer for you this year is that you would continue to see the world around you with your special perspective and share it with others, that you would grow safe and healthy, that you would feel loved and accepted in our home and by your parents for just the precious person that you are and that your sweet heart would be fertile ground for the seeds planted there of your Fathers love for you. My prayer for me this year is that I would look to the Lord to guide you and teach you, that He would open my eyes further to the gifts that He has given you and help to nurture and grow them, that I would model for you someone who loves and needs the Lord passionately and lives her faith in words and actions. I cannot wait to see all the Lord has in store for you in your third year of life!

There are TWO many to list, but here are a few of the things you love at this age and I love about you.

The gallop - you rarely actually run, but gallop instead, especially if you are really excited. You usually have big eyes as you do it and it always makes us laugh!

Little Bunny FooFoo - I was probably the only mommy buying Easter bunnies on Valentine's Day, but I saw one and knew you would love it. You fell in love with this song when we were doing shadow puppets one night, and now anytime you see a shadow you say it. You ask for it all the time and love to sing it with your own finger bunnies. It is the cutest!

"happy" - This is what you say when you see something you like. The first time I remember it is the first time you saw our neighbor's Christmas lights. We were getting out of the car, and you pointed and said "Ooo, happy." I hadn't even noticed they were up. You say it often, and usually about sweet things like that.

You love to sing! Here are some songs you know and sing to yourself - I know you (from Sleeping Beauty), chim chimeny, Do you want to be my friend, God made me to wink and blink (my favorite about this one is your "aye aye" sound effects)

Your silly face - Once at night when I opened the car door the light came on and you snapped your head up to look at it like you were startled. Something about the face you made cracked me up. The next day we parked in the daylight and you did it again and looked at me to make sure I noticed. It made me laugh even harder that you were trying to make me laugh on purpose. Now you say "silly face!" and lean your head way back to make us laugh.


Knows letters and numbers - I couldn't believe it when I started to work on your letters and numbers - you knew 8 letters and almost all your numbers! I guess you really pay attention at school.

Notice the letters and numbers you knows - If you see the letters or numbers that you know you love to point them out on signs and things. I think you are so smart!

How much you love Daddy - you always ask for him second every morning (after Maelie), after nap anytime you hear a car drive by you say "daddy home!" and pretend talk to him on my phone anytime you get ahold of it.


the deep laugh and the high laugh - thanks to Mary Poppins, your favorite movie, we've started using different kinds of laughs. Anyway we laugh - deep, high, fast, etc. - you will mimic. It usually turns into real laughter because it is so funny.

You are the sweetest sister! You love Maelie so much and ask for her first thing every morning. You love to hug her and you two play so great together. If she's sad, you get so concerned. You say "Mae Mae cwyin'" and hug her and pat her. She is such a great sister to you, and I love the relationship that the two of you have.

The way you so often will grab my leg or hug my neck out of nowhere and say "I luba you Mommy." It's my most favorite thing you do.

Other Things You Love at Two:
Yo Gabba Gabba
My chenille socks - you put them on like leggings and wear them all over
Chocolate milk - well, hot chocolate mix with cold milk. It's one of the only times you are near tantrum mode screaming "chokit milk!!"
Cheese
Oranges
Ms. Brandi, your teacher. You will grab your backpack and run down the hall when you see her come in in the morning, you love her so much we invited her to your birthday party!
Playing with my phone - you love the games and you've figured out how to watch tv shows on my ipod
Mary Poppins
Princess books
Being "nekid jay" even if it's only you're "nekid jay feet" you love having some part of your clothing off.
Jumping - in your bed, mine, the bouncehouse, a trampoline - if it's bouncy, you're jumping!
Bible time - I love hearing your sweet voice say "it's Bible time!" everytime we say time for bed.
Your Bwankie - it seems you get more attached to it everyday. Luckily, it can be anyone that is silky on one side. You love to tuck into a ball and cover yourself in it when you're sleepy.

No comments: