Monday, February 07, 2011

Snow Days!

We had such a great time this week! It is pretty much Maelie's dream to "stay home all day in her jammies" so four days in a row was about the best thing she could think of. I knew we might be in for one day, so I stocked up on paint, crayons, new coloring books, popcorn, m&ms and hot chocolate. It was such a gift to have all of that uninterrupted time playing with my girls and getting our house a little more organized. Here's a little glimpse of our snow-cation (in reverse order because I'm technically challenged like that):


Making snow ice cream. They both loved it!
Playing in the snow with Daddy. This is the beginning of the snowman that she talked about making all day. However, once she got bored shoveling, she decided she would much rather just throw snowballs at Daddy.

The pictures aren't that great because that would require me actually going outside. In the snow. Not. Going. to. Happen. She was one proud snow-shoveler, though!

We made a tent to watch Mary Poppins in. It was super warm and comfy, and just a hair
static-y


Hanging out in the tent

And when we couldn't think of anything fun to do, we blew up the bouncehouse in the living room and had a jumpfest.

Lorelai woke up the next day saying "I jump! I jump!"

Mommy got to craft a little.

We did lots of painting and coloring and reading Mary Engelbreit's Fairy Tales over and over. Both girls LOVE this book and will sit with me under the covers reading it forever.
How could you not have a great week with these sweet girls?
Maybe it'll do it again next month :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cute! I love the tent making/movie watching idea!!

auntkasey said...

What a fun week!! Those are some cute girlies!