Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chatterbox

Lorelai has turned into quite the talker lately and we have loved hearing what's on her mind. She does a lot of jibber-jabbering, which I don't really remember Maelie doing. I feel like she went from pointing to five word sentences. Lorelai has a language mostly all her own, but there are quite a few words that the rest of us recognize, too.

Here's what she says:
Mama
Dada
Mae mae (this is her favorite and most used word)
bye bye
up (usually tripled - up, up upie!)
down
jump (gump)
outside
Papaw
Papa
Gigi
shoe - I love this one because she always says it with a shoe in hand trying to shove it in your hand so you will put it on her. She loves wearing shoes! The other day she got really mad because I would only put one pair on her at a time.
Yum! - when she's eating something good, she says this everytime she takes a bites and with a lot of enthusiasm. The other day I gave her a donut hole and I thought she was going to choke she was saying YUM! YUM! YUMMY! so energetically
Fufa - this is making me feel a little like a slacker, especially right after the donut hole incident listed above, but this girl loves her some Yo gabba Gabba and Fufa is her favorite.
No
Uh Oh
More - love this one because you get half of the sign for more, too.
baby
book
ball
go
nose - double points for this one, you usually get an unexpected finger up your nose with it.
duck
quack
woof
ooh ahh - the monkey sound
hello

It makes me laugh because so many of these are action words. She is a very active girl, so it makes sense! She is also the sweetest baby I can imagine. So laid back and happy. She just sings to herself all the time and she loves to dance and snuggle.

1 comment:

auntkasey said...

I can't wait to hear all those things!!