Thursday, January 22, 2009

Up for Air

Whew! I think that we are finally over the flu and it feels great! I think it will still be a few more days before my energy is back (not that I have tons of it at 32 weeks, but hey!) but it feels good to sense that the end might be in sight. As an update, the week of the 5th we had to take Maelie to the dr. 3 times - a cold (which at this point I'm 99% sure was really the flu) an allergic reaction and then a ruptured eardrum. Right after that Kyl-o came down with what would later be known as the flu and then a few days later it was my turn, which landed us in the ER and an official flu declaration. This poor little one! I can't take a lot of medicine, but I never took this much with Maelie. Luckily, I'm feeling good about the Lord's protection over her and she is moving around more than ever. I feel like she's telling me she's okay! Or, maybe she is just in shock that I've spent so much time being still! My sweet Mom is keeping Maelie tonight, so maybe she-who-cannot-be-named and I will get one more night vegging on the couch together. In just a little over 50 days, I'll get to meet her face to face - I am getting more and more excited. It helps that her sweet little nursery is coming along and I can nest a little more. As soon as we name her, I'll be ready for anything!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Bless your heart! I'm so glad everything is better - had no idea about the ER trip! YIKES!! It's amazing how tough these little boogers are. Mine's practically kicking out my ribs.

Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery when it's all done!