Friday, January 30, 2009

The Name Game is OVER!

Finally, finally, finally we have ended the name game!! A lot of people have told me not to worry, that you can still name a baby in the hospital, but that thought has plagued me. I want to talk to and sing to this baby by name and now, finally, thanks to a very sweet husband, I can. A few weeks ago after a round of tears, Kyle told me I could name her Lorelai. I told him that I did not want to name our baby that way, just give Mommy her way because she's a brat :) After a few more weeks of discussion, two nights ago he told me that he didn't feel like we were going to find a name that we both loved, so rather than us both just settling on an okay name, he wanted me to name her Lorelai. He said a lot of very sweet things to assure me that he is really on board with it, including that he didn't want me to stress out about it any more and wanted me to enjoy the rest of this pregnancy. He was so very precious and I told him that I think that is probably one of the greatest acts of love he has ever shown me. I am SOO over the top excited! One, because I love that name, and two because I really think that is her name - I can't explain it, but none of the other names seemed to fit her. That might sound crazy, but hey, if kicking is a form of communication, we talk all day and I know her pretty well :) The middle name is still pending, but Maelie has an unusual first name followed by a simple Biblical name, so I think I want the same thing for this baby - Lorelai Rebeccah has been on my mind a lot, but we'll see. I'm just so happy to have a first name - and, the world's greatest husband!

6 comments:

auntkasey said...

Yea Baby Lorelai!! I can't wait to meet my sweet niece!

mindy said...

oh emily! i'm so happy for y'all! lorelai is an absolutely PRECIOUS name for your baby girl:)

Jennifer said...

YAAAAAY!! I'm SOO excited for you! I completely understand how stressful it is to not have a name since Bennett was a last minute decision, and then it's SOOO exciting to finally decide on one!

I think Lorelai is precious!! Hoorah for Gilmore Girls :) Can't wait to meet our little ones!

Jacquie said...

I considered Lorelai also! But like Kyle, Jason was not on board. I am glad that you chose it, it is precious!

Randi Freeby said...

Beautiful name! We came up with both of ours just about that same way and now cannot picture them any other way. Congrats!

Kristinsgirls said...

I love that name and that is awesome that you finally decided on a name. Love catching up with you via blog.