Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Oh, I Love a Rainy Night....

...and day! That has always been one of my favorite old country songs, and I really do love the rain. I sleep so great when it's rainy, and apparently Maelie does, too, because she slept for THIRTEEN HOURS STRAIGHT last night!!! I did not hear one peep from her. It rained all night last night and so far, all day today. We have had some fun indoor activities, though. We met Elizabeth and Kelli at the playscape this morning, then had some Mexican Inn with Kyle for lunch. I thought our next step would be a nap at home, but Maelie had other ideas. For awhile I heard her in her crib counting (one, two, six, seben, aheght, nine, ten, eleben, twelebe!) over and over and thought to myself, maybe that's her version of counting sheep. Then I was having a little quite time in the living room and heard this weird noise. I thought Oh, my grief those stinking squirrels are back! But then I tried to figure out where they were and realized it was just Maelie jumping for all she was worth in her bed. I walked in and took the pictures below, then declared her the winner and got her out.

Air Maelie












The face of victory...

9 comments:

Melinda said...

Hey, Emily! I can't remember exactly what led me to your blog, but somehow clicking around on Bligger I came across it. Maelie is adorable! I can't believe how big she is. I remember your dad showing me baby ures of her last time I saw him wherever it was. Anyway, now that I know where you are, maybe we can keep in touch!
Melinda (Welch)

auntkasey said...

She's the greatest! Look at you threatening me with a voodoo Henny and then she sleeps 13 hours! You should be ashamed of yourself! I can't believe how long her hair has gotten! I am printing out pictures of her from birth to one year and her curls have gotten bigger and bigger!

Emily said...

That was a voodoo doll of you, I would never do that to Henry.

auntkasey said...

Well, I see how close we are...
I'm watching this show called the moment of truth on fox. Wow! people are terrible!

Valerie said...

The face of victory is adorable.
I think Maelie wants to go to Chipotle with Bao again!
Kyle working late tonight?

Gigi and Peeps said...

I love that little one eye face. It cracks me up.

auntkasey said...

Do you see all the people being disappointed with your lack of postings? We've all met Maelie. We know she'll sit quietly while you update with some more pics. Give the people what they want!!

Lauren said...

If that face is not the spittin' image of Kyle McKillip - I don't know what is! I love it! :)

auntkasey said...

Pic-tures! Pic-tures!
The natives are getting restless here!!