Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Surprise!


Baby Lorelai and I got the best surprise yesterday! I thought our Children's Ministry team was going to lunch, but we ended up at my sweet friend Jayne's house. Inside were so many of my YCW friends waiting to throw us a surprise shower. I was truly shocked!! I am constantly blessed by the women that I'm surrounded by. I think the time to sit together and visit away from work was even more precious than all of the sweet things they spoiled Lorelai (and Maelie!) with.
Sweet friends! I was a little overwhelmed to walk in and see all these faces, but it makes you realize how blessed you are to have so many ladies in your life!!
Jayne and Sally - these ladies are the poster children for hospitality! Seriously, I have learned more from Jayne about being a Christian women, friend, mother and wife from her than anyone else. There is no one like her!
Me and Barbara - I am so blessed to share an office and big part of my life with this precious woman! She is a woman after God's heart and it is contagious when you're around her.
The gifted and talented Shei! She is one of those people who I just hit it off with immediately. We talked over email for our first few "conversations" and I felt like I already had a new friend. I was right! Now she's an old friend I wouldn't trade for the world.
Okay, so this one is not shower-related at all, but on our Valentines' Day party for school I got Maelie dressed and she said "I'm so beautiful!" I said yes, you are!! Can I take your picture and she ran to the red curtain and smiled so big! I loved it and haven't posted any pics of her in awhile :)




3 comments:

Summer said...

Emily - I am so sorry I couldn't make it to your shower yesterday. It looks like you had a lot of fun and got some cute things! I love Lorelai's name and the wooden letters that were made for her - so cute!

Jennifer said...

I was bummed we didn't make it, but I'll be there with bells on on Sunday!! I'm so glad you were blessed in this way - goodness knows you deserve it, sweet friend!! Can't wait for our precious babies to meet!

Jacquie said...

What a blessing! Super cute letters!