Friday, June 06, 2008

Gimme a Hug!

This has become one of my very favorite things that Maelie says. While she says it she holds one arm straight up in the air. You lean down and she wraps that arm all the way around your neck and says "I give you a hug." She says it in such a "hey, we're buddies, gimme a hug" kind of big girl way - it cracks me up! Yesterday she was asleep in our bed (she wasn't feeling good) and said "I gon't want to!" twice in her sleep. I put my face near hers and said "it's okay, mommy's here" to which she responded, still in her sleep, "gimme a hug" and raised her arm. Is that the cutest thing you've ever seen?!

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Ahh, she's the sweetest girl. I love to hear the things Maelie says, she always amuses me so much! I wish we had more time to hang out together! Thanks for bloggin, I was about to give up on you! Check out my blog, I think you will like it!

auntkasey said...

I am in love! She's such a cutie. We miss you guys so much already! I wish we still lived in Tesas so we could hang out more. Think of all the things she could be learning!! :)

Gigi and Peeps said...

What a sweetie. Hope she is feeling better. It is things like that, that keep you going when their not at their best.

auntkasey said...

I want more Maelie! I blame Summer Spectacular for this injustice! The people need Mae pictures next weekend.

Jennifer said...

PRECIOUS.

auntkasey said...

Maelie, maelie! where for art thou Maelie??!! I heard you know some espanol, and had a slimmin' lesson today. Where are the pics??