Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Patience is a virtue...

Ha! Bet you thought you were getting bday pics today. Actually, I have just finished up the two busiest weeks of the year, so they are coming as soon as I can stop and download pics from the cameras. I do have a funny non-Maelie story titled "Why the Neighbors Think I'm Crazy"

I hate squirrels. There is one that has taken up residence in the attic above the kitchen. You can hear him scratching around up there and it is literally driving me crazy. If you know my history and extreme rodent-phobia, you are more sympathetic to this. Kyle walked in the house the other day to find me jumping up and down ramming a broom stick in the ceiling ala the crazy neighbor on friends yelling "I hate you!" I though maybe I could scare the squirrel, but it turns out that trick only scares humans and makes them smile the smile you smile at crazy people. However, today the whole situation took a turn for the worse. I saw him in my yard (the squirrel - I let Kyle come in the house:) I was walking to the car with Maelie in my arms. I gave that squirrel a stare down, but he didn't move. I buckled Maelie into her carseat and looked around for something to throw at him. All I could come up with was a Dickey's BBQ cup that severely missed it's marked. He skittled a bit but kept looking at me. I found a branch that I thought might work, but it had too many leaves and just made a pathetic "whoosh" noise and made the squirrel run a few feet further down the fence. The only other thing handy was an empty paint can on the porch. Frustrated, I launched it with all my might at the freakin' thing. It finally ran off. As I turned around and got back in the car it struck me that there could have actually been people watching this odd interchange and was very embarrassed. That is, until I saw the stupid thing poking his head back over the fence as I drove away. Argh! If anyone knows more effective rodent repellent that throwing paint cans at it, I would love to know. On a related note, if anyone has a bb gun they're not using I would sure love to borrow it...

P.S. I promise BDay pics by the end of the weekend.

5 comments:

Gigi and Peeps said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your squirrel plight, however I am very glad to know you are alive and well. Well sorta well.....Uncle Mike has a great bb gun

auntkasey said...

I believe Kyle has a dull machete that he's pretty handy with....
Not to mention, your's are the neighbors that camp out in lawn chairs for hours on end in the front lawn and let their children run nuts in the street. You couldn't be the crazy one on the block with those winners.
And not cool with the post tease... Where's Maelie?

Lori said...

umm...micah could come over and bludgeon it to death with a dull machete!

auntkasey said...

Oh, this is just a reminder... You have one day to produce some Maelie pictures, or it's gonna get nasty around here....

auntkasey said...

tick, tock McKillip...