Friday, July 01, 2011

Rise and Shine!

This post is a little detour from my normal kid-type posts, but something really amazing happened to me and I want to share it. For years now - YEARS - I have struggled with extremely low energy. At first it seemed to make since because it took Maelie about 3 years to learn how to sleep through the night. Of course you'd be tired if you haven't slept all night in years. But then she figured it out and Lorelai has been an expert sleeper from way back. And still the tired. I mean, 8-10 hours a night and still feel like I have to nap for an hour or two every afternoon tired. It just didn't feel right, but nothing I seemed to do made a difference. I even went to an endocrinologist who said my bloodwork looked good and of course I'm tired I have a job, little kids, a house to run, etc.

Still, that did not seem to add up. I know lots of moms in the same life place I'm in and they still seem to have the energy to keep up with the laundry. Last week I finally went to the Fem Center, a homeopathic clinic of doctors. I've heard about them and thought about going for years. I almost cried when the doctor said, "no, you should not be this tired - you're young and healthy in the prime of you life." My feelings exactly!!! After talking to me for awhile, he said that sometimes having a baby does weird things to your body. It stops doing things it should do, and forgets to start back up after the baby's born. He took a lot of blood and gave me some supplements to help get my system back on track. And I HAVE NOT TAKEN A NAP IN A WEEK! I have even stayed up later than 9:00 at night. You have no idea how life changing this is. I made the kids 4th of July shirts. I painted my kitchen cabinets. I've read my Bible more. I've had a few minutes to myself at night. I still have not done the laundry, but hey, first things first!

Seriously, I have always wondered how other moms get it all done. I've been pretty hard on myself about my lack of ability to keep up - with the house, the kids, projects on my wish list, etc. Now I get it. Ya'll get stuff done while they're sleeping. You even stay up later than them at night. I'm on to you now and I'm in, too! So, if you have any weird issues that don't seem right, you should definitely go see my new best friends at the Fem Center. They have blessed my life more than I can tell you!

2 comments:

Donna Jo said...

Yeah Emily!! I am so happy for you!

Jennifer said...

Oh, Emily, I had no idea! I'm so sorry you've been struggling with this for so long, and so thankful you've found the answer! YAY for getting things done and feeling rested and productive. I can't wait to see how those cabinets turn out!