Monday, May 01, 2006

First Day Back!

Well, today Maelie and I went to YCW for the first time since she was born. I didn't get a ton of work done, but it was great just to be there and see all those precious women I work with. I'm sure Maelie felt like a superstar - she definitely got the princess treatment! Ms. Mindy even brought her a new onsie with a sparkly tiara on it! She got loved on by lots of people and got to spend some quality time with one of our favorite people, Jayne. You know, I have always appreciated the awesome job that I have, but having Maelie there just increased the blessing that YCW has been in my life. I have loved the children, staff and work at YCW from day one, but knowing that Maelie will get to come there is overwhelming. I need to work - finacially and for my own sanity - and the Lord has blessed me with the perfect Mommy job. I still get to work and (hopefully) use my talents doing something I love with people I love, and now my own sweetie will get to come with me and share in the love and learning that goes on there. I hope that I remember to thank God EVERYDAY that I walk in those doors.

Oh, and Maelie lost her little bellybutton cord today! I know that it's silly, but as glad as I am that that gross thing is gone, I'm also a little sad. Somehow it seems like she's already reached a milestone, like maybe she's not as much of a baby as she was before. I'm the girl who cries taking down the Christmas tree, though, so I guess I should be used to this bittersweet feeling!

4 comments:

auntkasey said...

you make is sound as though you have feelings. crying when the christmas tree comes down... plus you have like 10 christmas trees so you should be dehydrated if that's the case. Anyway, send me pictures of my beautiful niece!!! tell her tia kasey and tio rob love her very very very much and i'm counting down the days until july when i can see her squirmy face! i'm glad work went well. and it is true, you do work with some very lovely ladies. it works in your favor that you happen to be one.

Rob said...

Did Baxter eat the cord?-Rob

Rob said...

you are the worst blogger ever. its been 3 weeks. I have to get my Maelie fix from your mom. Don't waste cyberspace.

Anonymous said...

We need an update Maelie's Mom...like a pic of my precious fairy goddaughter smiling! :)